Investment for future is a wise thing to do for your retirement. One form of such investment is purchasing stocks, which represent a fraction of the company, so that when you purchase stocks of that company, you are in a way purchasing into that company. You can get profit if the company gets profit, and lose money if the performance of the company goes down. Success in purchasing stocks on the net comes from the ability to see the bigger picture of the market and from concentrating on even the smallest details.
Yahoo Finance is one of the services provided by Yahoo that gives almost all kinds of financial information including stock exchange rates, stock quotes, financial reports, corporate press releases and famous message boards to discuss the stock valuation and prospects of a company. In addition to that, it also provides some host tools for the management of personal finance.
At Yahoo Finance, you will have access to a huge range of financial resources including
- Latest market information including delayed quotes, historical price data, tracking of personal portfolio, SEC filings, mutual funds and stocks charts, data of insider trading, exchange rates of currencies, estimates of earnings and research, recommendations of brokerage and listings of industries and sectors.
- The service also includes display of financial news from different news agencies world wide, editorial contents from various experts and external links for news from other web sites.
- Personal finance tools like calculators, rates and glossary.
- Content on personal finance including how to guides, comments from experts and latest finance news.
- Interactive features like stock chat rooms and financial message boards.
- Quotes and information from European markets of UK, France, Italy and Germany, Asian markets of South Korea and Japan and markets of Australia and New Zealand.
- And an ample directory of other web sites.
If you want to start investing and want to learn the basics about financial planning and stock market, the category of Investment References and Guides on Yahoo Finance directory can be a great help to you. In this, you will find numerous resources which will assist you to get started with the stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other vehicles of investment. However, in regard to trading actually, Yahoo Finance is not a provider of brokerage service, but you will have to register with a stock brokerage firm for selling and buying stocks. For that purpose, you will have to go to brokerage listings present in the Yahoo Directory.
Yahoo Finance contains the most updated financial information on the net. Prices, annual high & low, changes in dividend rates and outstanding common shares are updated daily; corporate action items like exchange changes and stock splits, officer changes and flash earnings announcements are updated as and when they are announced; quarterly financial statements, company phone numbers and addresses and shares that are held in public hands, the float, are updated after every 3 months; officer names, number of employees and annual financial statements are updated every year; the mutual fund reports are updated once a day at around 6 pm; 2-year, 5-year and max charts are updated once a week on Friday, after the market gets closed; Research reports are updated every day; Downgrades and upgrades are updated 3 times a day; IPO news is continuously updated during the whole day.